About this job
Senior Secretary GR II (Usage 249) in SAMHS HQ, Directorate Logistics, Kasteelpark.
- Provide a secretarial/receptionist support service.
- Type routine notes, memos, letters and reports.
- Receive telephone calls and refer to the relevant role players.
- Finalise telephone queries.
- Operate office equipment and ensure that they are in a good working order.
- Record engagements of the Director and assist in the management of his/her diary.
- Register incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Manage the safekeeping of documents.
- Draft routine documents as requested.
- Arrange travel and accommodation and processing subsequent travel claims and currency reconciliation.
- Handle procurement of stationary, refreshments etc.
- Set up meetings, including arrangement of meeting rooms, equipment and catering, notifying attendees and circulate material.
- Collect agenda items.
- Compile agendas and minutes.
- Grade 12 preferable.
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in executing secretarial duties.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Power point.
- Language proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Analytical and innovative thinking ability as well as problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
- Organizing and typing skills.
- High level of reliability.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of documentation management.
- Good office administration and interpersonal skills, good filing and organisational skills.
- Ability to do research and analyse documents and situations.
- A typing test will be required of all listed candidates interviewed.
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence, Office of the SG, Directorate Logistics, Private Bag X102, Centurion, 0046, or may be hand delivered to LEW Building, cnr Selborne and Trichard Ave, Lyttelton.
Ms M. Smit Tel no: (012) 671 5097
(Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).