Professional training requires a four year university degree in Library and Information Science, or a three-year general university degree followed by a one-year post graduate diploma in Library and Information Science.
Academic librarians are friendly and genuine people they offer help to all members of the community including students which the library more often, researchers and teachers. Academic Librarians.
- Managing budgets and library resource
- Managing library furniture and equipment
- Managing books, journals and websites
- assisting researchers with literature searches using databases, printed resources and the internet
- Updating database in the library sector
- Keeping a good relationship with suppliers
Possible companies to work for:
- Public libraries
- Higher and further education and colleges
- Research institutions